Child swallowed liquid while taking birth. Not eating properly. Should lumbar puncture be redone?

My nephew was born 4 days ago and has been on antibiotics since we were told he swallowed liquid on the way out so they put a tube down his mouth now they found some bacteria in his stomach and wanted to do lumbar puncture to see if it went into the brain or spine or if it is meningitis the his symptoms were not eating properly they couldn t get lumbar puncture sample it came out dry and want to leave him on antibiotics saying it will get rid of any infection should they redo lumbar puncture or if it is any of the above will it gowith antibiotics is the child at risk very concerned aunt
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012