Child suffers with severe reflux. Is under medication. What could be the cause and remedy?

Hi there, my daughter age 8 months suffers with severe reflux, this has been the case since she was a few days old, however she continues to follow the 91st centile on the weight chart. My daughter appears in pain more than anything and screams for around 4-5 hours a day and wakes every 2-3 hours during the night in pain. Ruby is under a consultant and we have so far tried ranitidine which made no difference, her formula was swapped from nutramigen to neocate as the consultant believed she may have a milk protein allergy (she still screams in pain regardless), she was put on omeprazole for a month which seemed to help, but then she seemed to get worse, screaming more and getting trapped gas even in her windpipe. They have more recently doubled her dose of omeprazole to 10mg twice a day. She screams because the air isnt escasping properly, could this be another problem and not solely the reflux? Me and my parner truely believe that the reflux isn't causing her this amount of pain day in day out, we want to ask for further tests to be done and are not convinced that her problems are being caused by reflux, would you agree? We are physically exhaused as we also have a 6 year old and a 19 month old .
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013