Child suffers with frequent bouts of cough and cold with fever, squeamish stool, vomiting. Taking Montair. Right treatment?

I am writing for my granddaughter, Miss Ela Nandi. She is three years and four months old. Since the last 3/4 months, every 2/3 weeks she has been suffering from bouts of cough and cold. It starts with a day of running nose and sneezing followed by persistent phlegmatic and choking cough, often intensifying at night, preventing sleep. However, upon stethoscopic examination by Doctor, chest is mostly found to be clear of phlegm. Her condition is occasionally accompanied by temperature, and occasionally by soft, sqeamish stool . Very occasionally cough leads to retching and vomiting . She is allergic to all citrous fruits and maybe to other items as well which we do not know for sure as of now. She is being treated with allopathic medicines which include Montair, and recently prescribed Asthafen for two weeks and to report back on condition of child. Is the treatment proper ? Do the drugs contain steroids ? What might be any injurious side effects of the medication ? is comprehensive cure possible ? Kindly give your advices. Thanks and regards D.Datta e-mail address : YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013