Child suffering with thrush, itching and soreness. Used saline solution, prescribed canesten. Suitable for a child?

Just been to my doctor on call, my 6 year old is suffering from thrush and is very itchy and sore. He used a saline soulition on her while there and has said to get canesten tomorrow. can you tell me is this really what is perscribed for a 6 year old?? as its what i have been perscribed mysely as an adult in the past. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Children can experience thrush which can be itchy and uncomfortable as in an adult.
The cream can be used but you must be careful to apply it to the external aspects of the genitalia, just beyond the labia.
It is not to be inserted as it would be in an adult female.
The cream will not harm her.
You may want to consider using some sitz baths to help her with the soreness.

I hope this helps