Child suffering with recurring acute parotid gland infection, reduces with antibiotics. What should be the right treatment course?

Hello doctor, my son is 6 years old and from past 2 years is suffering from acute parotid gland infection at his right side of his cheek. this swelling and pain reoccurs every 10-15 days after we stop anitbiotics. a week back, both the parotid glands were infected, he had swelling and pain in both sides. as of today the swelling and pain has reduced with antibiotics . am very unclear how to proceed.. pls help
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012