Child suffering with rash following fever. Rash turned to sores. Can he go back to day care?

Hello my son was sick and running a fever, then he ended up with a rash. I thought it was a fever rash at first but my sons buttocks was really bad that he had open sores. I took him to the ER and the doctor wasn't able to tell me what the rash was exactly. Of course by that night it was irritating my son and hard for him to sleep. I have been use Balmex, he has been doing naked time, and I've been changing his diaper constantly. My concern is should I get a second opinion regarding this rash and should I take him back to daycare with this rash. The Doctor stated to give him 1 day but I'm not sure if that's enough time
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013