Child suffering with GDD. EEG showed bi-hemisphere multi-focal epileptic activity in the brain. Should Encorate be continued?

My 2yrs 6months old daughter is suffering from GDD.We did all the tests of her.But everything would be normal except EEG .Her EEG report find out bihemisphere multifocal epileptiform activity in the brain.The doctor should advise us to continue with same medicine ENCORATE of 5ml twice a day & syp KEPPRA twice 1st 1ml next to 2ml & then 2.5ml.Here my query is whether we should follow this advise or other improved treatment is there to cure this disease?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012