Child suffering from viral infection, rashes only on lower legs. Concerned?

HI my daughter is 8 years old. Has had a general cold for the last 3/4 days, runny nose , sore throat and temperature. Today she is blowing out green gunk from her nose and a rash has developed on her lower legs, they are small dashes of semi-circle red just around her lower legs and up as far as her thighs but it doesn t go any higher and can be found nowhere else on her body. She seems well in herself and the rash does not seem to be bothering her but as it was confined to one part of the body, I m a little concerned. Normally a rash resulting from the end of a viral infection, appears all over the body, doesn t it?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012