Child suffering from unexplained dark purple bruise. Blood test normal. What could it be?

Hi My 2 yr old daughter has an unexplained bruise . It appeared on friday am while we were driving. I changed her diaper over 3 times in 4 hours and then when I went to change it again I noticed a dark purple bruise on her left side (one inch above her hip). The bruise is hard and is raised. It is painful when touched. Ohterwise she is acting normal She had been sitting in her carseat all morning. We went to the ER they ran bld tests, everything came back normal. I also took her to her pediatrician today to tell her that this is the second time this unexplained bruising happened. The last time was May 1, and it was located on her right rib cage. Thanks Tara
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012