Child suffering from tonsillitis. Taken amoxicillin, no results. Reason for chronic cough?

Hi my daughter is suffering from tonsillitis and it have been there for long time and every-time we see the dr he keeps giving her amoxicillin and it doesn t help she keeps coughing at night please tell me what I should do coz she is loosing confidence with other children at school because they keep telling her she has bad breath she is only six yrs old but believe me it s not really my email is YYYY@YYYY thanks
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012