Child suffering from mitochondrial disease affecting brain, have dental problems. Are they related?

My 5-year-old daughter may suffer from a mitochondrial disease , affecting her brain (we re still in the process of getting a diagnosis). She also develops cavities very quickly. It seems like no matter what we do, her teeth rot right out of her mouth. She just had surgery to remove 2 of her 3 remaining baby molars and had 4 root canals and crowns. Could there be a connection between her dental problems and her possible mito disease?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013