Child suffering from loose motions. Passing green color stool. Prescribed gramogyl, to be give with water or ORS?

my son is 22month old and he is suffering from loose motion from last 1week. He had taken something then he passes stool not very loose but it is loose and it is in yellow color and from last night it is in dark green color. i take a homoepathy medicine but i think it is not suits him. now my doctor given me gramogyl syrup i just ask you it is effective or not. It is given with water or with ORS . please tell me.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012