Child suffering from lazy bowel syndrome. On Miralax. Constipated if reduced dosage. Solution?

My little boy suffers from Lazy Bowel Syndrome and takes a tablespoon of Miralax every other day. Is this something he will have to deal with the rest of his life? It is bad because his stool is took soft but if you tone down the dosage he becomes constipated and takes about a week to get back on track. He is 5.5 years old and really affecting his personality because he soils himself daily. What can we do?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013