Child suffering from fever, cough. Prescribed omnacortil. Steroid can be given to child and its effects?

Hi My name is Shiju.M.Samuel. My son is 1 yr and 3 months old. Now he is affecting from cough and fever and we went to a pediatrician and he examined and told us he have some wheezing and good cough. He suggested Omnacortil 5mg for 5ml - 3times in a day for 5 days. When i give this to my child and he started vomitting when i give this medicine after food and tried one time with out giving the food and at that time he is not vomitted and he is very sleepy and tired after this medicine. When i searched about this medicine and found its a steroid drug and have side effects. Can i give this medicine to my child under my pediatrician suggested?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012