Child suffering from e-coli growth on tonsils. Advised surgery. Suggestions?

Dr,sumit This is Beverly I am from Goa , my four year old son has been admitted in a hospital he was suffering from e-coli growth on his tonsils, but now with the antibiotics it is under control ,his tonsils are so bad that they are touching one and other and has little space to breathe , he also suffers from adenoids . Doctors have asked me to go in for an operation within the next two days .I am all confused and have no idea what to do .Doctor can you please help?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012