Child suffering from dry coughs. Taking antibiotics. Nebulizing with flohale and duolin. Suggested to take steroid. Is it safe?

Hi doc gd mor, my (11 yrs) has been suffering from severe dry coughs since last three days, chkd with regular pediatric , he advised some antibiotic and cough syrups, but no help, started nebulising since y day with flohale and duolin had some help from it but last nt it was too chronic, he is suggesting medrol (steroids) for which I m not comfortable as already child immunity is not very good and get viral now and than, pls suggest, regards Rajesh
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012