Child suffering from cold, cough, high temperature, tonsils swollen. Taking antibiotics. Not getting better

My 3.5 year old son has a very bad cold and cough . He has had a high temperature of 37.5+ over the past 2 days. His tonsils are swollen but pink. He had tonsillitis about 3 weeks and got an antibiotic from the doctor. Last night he had no temperature but his cheeks were very red and this morning he said his legs were sore. Can you advise me what to do I have been giving his iboprufen and paracetemol but he doesn t seem to be getting any better.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013