Child suffering from cold, cough, fever. Temporary relief from medicines. Treatment?

My baby is 2 years old..she had cold and cough and suddenly suffering from fever on a continuous basis. when the fever medicine is given, the temperature drops and again its back to fever in 4-5 hours for the last 2 days. The doctor says throat infection and has given Meftal D (4ml dose) if fever more than 102F, Clamp Kid 228.5 (3.5 ml) (2 times a day) for 5 days, Montair LC Kid (4 ml at night) for 7 days and Pulmoclear Syrup (3 times a day) for 5 days. Yesterday night, she was continuously shivering for around 20 minutes and after the fever medicine was given, she was fine. Can you please suggest if the given treatment is fine? I am not sure of giving so many dosage of medicines to the child.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013