Child stopped eating food, suggested practin syrup. Is it safe?

hello Dr. My 22 months kid had stopped eating her food all of a sudden.she used to hav almost all breakfast items and egg fried rice or curd rice in the noon.but now for the past 15 days she had stopped taking food.she chews only boiled egg min half or other things like chips piece of biscuit or chocolate or simply jam.she doesnt even want to drink milk. My friend suggested practin syrup.could u pls advice on this whether its safe or does it hav any side effects. Or is thr any way around for this problem. Thanx
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013