Child sounds raspy with cough. Has an ear infection. Took amoxicillin. Is it croup cough?

My 14 month old sounds very raspy and has a horrible cough. He was diagnosed in mid December with an ear infection and took amoxicillin for ten days. This didn t solve the ear infection and so he s now taking a dosage of cefdinir , and is almost thru with his 10 day dosage. The problem is, he sounds worse to me than when he began he medication. It isn t a croup cough. But he doesn t have a fever either and never do with this illness. What should we do?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013