Child smeared poop all over, peed on brother, history of sexual abusement, high alert. Reason?

My 3 year 7 month old son just smeared poop all over his bedroom--floors, dresser, bed, on his brother, and on himself. Wednesday night, he peed on his brother A(age 2), the bed, and the headboard. Last night, he went poddy in the bathroom and then went into his room and within 10 minutes peed on the rug. I ve been online to look for answers. My husband was sexually abused by his father. We probably are a high alert family for that and never leave him alone with anyone but his grandmother and his daily sitter. Thoughts?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
This seems like an attention seeking behaviour rather than resultant of any abuse. It can also be due to the fact that he was pampered with the fear that what happened to his father should not be repeated. And ever since a younger brother has arrived, the attention he receives has been on the decline. It may explain this kind of behaviour. Both reward and punishment has to be used to treat him. Be stern when he does such things. Probably tell him firmly that such a behaviour is not permitted and encouraged and he will not be given his share of goodies (chocolates, games, outings, whatever he likes) if he does so. Don't stretch on with the scolding as it reinforces his sense of catching attention. Just tell him this much and then ignore him for a while. And at the same time encourage him when he does not do these things. Reward him with his favourite things. Pay more attention to him then. Try indulging him some creative activities also. Watching TV (for restricted times and non violent shows), drawing and painting, music, outdoor sports. Encourage him to do all that and you and his father should participate in that too. rarely some pathological diseases may cause such problems. Consult a pediatrician or pediatrici surgeon for a routine check up and consult a child psychologist for further help
Hope that helps
God bless you