Child showing signs of petite mal-seizures, low appetite, has crossed most of the milestones, had status epilepticus, MRS showed strokes in lobes

My Daughter is 21 months old. At 3 weeks she had open heart surgery for Shones Complex. After an attempted extubation following surgery she went into cardiac arrest and the doctors performed CPR for 2 1/2 hours on and off. She was in status epilepticus and an MRS showed a strokes in 3 lobes. Her seizure meds(phenobarb and dilantin ) were stopped 1 year ago- when she was about 9 months. She had some mild gross motor delays but from a neurological standpoint, overall she is doing great. She has now been diagnosed with acquired microcephaly . She has always been Failure to Thrive with no known GI issues. Her HC is 17 1/4, height is 31 3/4 and weight is 19lbs. I have started noticing signs of possible petite-mal seizures with the worst lasting about 15-20 sec. My question is: Does Acquired microcephaly tend to be degenerative or regressive in nature? She has hit most milestones to date, but is it possible that she will regress? Also, are the petite mal seizures a result of the microcephaly and can these turn into grand-mal? I have read that the severity of microcephaly and its relationship with developmental delays can correlate with overall growth percentiles. Is it possible that her lack of appetite is caused by the microcephaly and be making it worse at the same time?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012