Child showing no interest in interacting with kids. Remain quite and reserved. How to change his behavior?

hi, my son is 3 1/2 yr old..he is my only kid..d problem i am facing is he does not show interest in interacting with other kids of any age..even in school he keeps quite n stays alone..he is very shy and if my husband or i are not around then he stays very quite and reserved..doesnt make eye contact vit people..and even if he is frndz vit a few kids, he plays for a few minutes vit them and then goes off 2 play by himself..on the other hand if either of us parents r vit him, then he chatters non stop n is ok vit strangers around...he knows everythng n can identify everythng around him, but he doesnt make conversation..vat ever v say he l repeat it.for eg - if i say say thank you , then he also repeats say thank u ..i dont know how 2 get him 2 make conversation vit people..plz help.. thank you..
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012
It is not very easy to draw a line between normal and abnormal. I hope there is no problem with his vision, hearing or development. You can encourage him to interact with close relatives or friends who see him frequently preferably in your presence. Make him listen to soothing classical music. If these measures fail he may need to be evaluated further.