Child sees spots, has eye pain, painful lump behind ear. Serious?

My 8-year-old daughter s eyesight has been worsening over the past 2 years at an alarming rate, she just told us she sees lots of spots, colors, shapes, etc. (she thought everyone did), has occasional eye pain, and just found a painful lump behind her left ear (no injury). She saw an ophthalmologist last week who didn t find anything. He seemed nonchalant about it, but said we could take her to another specialist if we wished. Could all of these issues be indicative of anything serious?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012