Child seems to have something at the back of throat that appears to stick from tongue. What could it be?

My 3 yr old granddaughter appears to have something in the back of her throat , it appears to be sticking up from her tongue . A little behind but in the vicinity of the uvula , just lower. They are on their way to the er now with her, but we are extremely worried. She does not appear to be in any pain or discomfort, but did complain earlier of her throat hurting. Can you advise as to what this might be?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013