Child seems to have loud heart murmur. Had GERD in the past. Related?

My son was diagnosed with GERD he was 2 years old. Since he was a newborn he has issues with feeding and projectile vomiting. We had to change his formula several times. After he had he tonsils and adenoids removed at 2 and a half yr old his GERD improved significantly. He is now 5yrs old and after a check up to inquiry about his poor weight gain the doc said he had a loud heart murmur and referred him to a cardiologist . My question is could his heart murmur be related to his GERD or could GERD had been a misdiagnosis all along? thank You
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013