Child s throat and uvula seem further back than normal, tongue shows flap of flesh coloured skin like epiglottis. Is the same seen and why?

Just noticed tonight that my 17 month old daughter's throat looks different. She isn't sick or anything right now. The opening to her throat and her uvula seem further back than it should. Also right beyond her tongue is a strange looking flap of skin sticking up. It is flesh colored and looks like the epiglottis I've seen in pictures. Could I be seeing this and why??
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013