Child s blood report shows abnormal WBC and platelets. Has fever, headache. Concerned

Question about blood results in an 8 year old boy. Had a CBC done last night. WBC count is 2.3 & platelets are 157. He is feeling ill & doc says it's a viral syndrome. I'm still a little concerned & wondered if I should have this looked into further. Reason being is a few days ago he had a fever of almost 105 and has been having headaches this week (he's never had them before). Also it always takes him twice if not three times as long to get over something.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013