Child refuses healthy food. Constantly throws tantrums. What is going on?

My 5yr old daughter does not want to eat anything. The only things she will eat is breads, cereals, apples, bananas, soup, Mac and cheese and things of that sort. But never will eat meat besides hot dogs or bologna. She jus never as an appetite and will sometimes throw a fit because she does not want to eat when it s lunch time and she has not ate all day.. She will want to snack on foods like chips, cookies sweet things and also loves salt!! I do not know what to do about her not wanting to eat its really starting to worry me.. Any ideas what may be going on with her? Could she possibly be chronically Ill?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Dear Rj.lake

Thanks for the question to healtcare magic
Can you give details regarding her current weight and height............this will help me to answer the question better

if the weight and height are within normal range do not force feed her

children have varying appetite at varying times and fighting with them and forcing them to eat is not going to solve the problem

junk foods like chips and cookies reduce appetite and children will not have a normal good meal

so reduce will have to encourage them to have a normal healthy meal rich in fruits and vegetables

take care

Anonymous's Response
Dear Rj.lake

Thanks for the question