Child put metal into the skin. Had bleeding. Applied ointment. Tetanus shot required?

Hi. My 4 year old just put a thin, pointed piece of metal through the skin of her finger . It seemed to just go through the skin. I washed it under cold water, put germaline cream on it, covered it up for a while to make sure it stopped bleeding , then uncovered to let the air at it. It does look a bit red and inflammed, but i have read that is normal. How will I know if she needs a tetanus shot or anything like that?nuaal
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013