Child prone to cold and nasal block, sleeps with mouth open, advised Odimount LC for long term. Is it necessary and what are the side effects?

My 9 yr old daughter is prone to cold & nasal block (frequency is at least once a month). We have observed that she sleeps with her mouth open (mostly) & snores at such times. Doctor has prescribed Asthalin Expectorant for 5 days & Odimont LC Kid for 3 months. With the above symptoms, is it required to take Odimont LC kid for such a long period. Also, what are the side effects of this medicine.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012