Child prescribed Klacid for tonsillitis. How much medicine to give?

Hi, my son is 20 months old and has tonsilitis . Prescribed klacid on sunday by ddoc and getting better. I asked doc about dosage of calpol for pain/ fever and she said 10 mls every 4-6 hours. He is a big fella for his age (about 15 kg). Now I m a bit concerned could I have given him too much as box states 7.5 mls for a 2-4 year old? I have given him a few doses of 10 mls. last one at 3pm, Fever was 39.9 at one stage last night but has been fine all day today. Do you mind advising me if 10 mls is too much for his weight and if so should I be concerned about any ill effects? Thank you, Maire
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013