Child prescribed Augmentin for pseudomonas infection. Should it be used for babies?

Hi, my 5month old has an ear infection and was diagnosed with pseudomonas infection. He had been prescribed Augmentin day before yesterday but this was before the actual cause of infection was discovered. We have been referred to see a specialist in 4 days, but i was informed that the antibiotics that effectively kill the pathogen cannot be used on babies? What could the alternative be? Also, what is the wprst case scenario from having this infecton?? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012