Child passing stool continuously, yellow color, foul smell, sore bottom. Normal?

My 10 month old baby has been pretty much constantly pooing over last few days, the poo is really runny and a horrible yellow colour and smell really nasty. He is also getting a really sore bottom because of the horrid poo. Should I be taking him to the doctor for medicine to stop the poo or is this normal and will it just pass on its own. My baby doesn t seem particularly poorly in himself, he isn t happy because of the sore bottom and I guess he may have tummy ache when he is pooing but other than that he seems ok.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013