Child passing green stools after feeding formula milk. Normal?

My 31 week premature child was born in august weighing 1.5 kg. He is 3 and a half months old. Initially he was being fed my expressed milk but suddenly my BM reduced to a great extent and since mid september have started him on formula milk. But he started passing green stools that too once in a day or two. This has been a regular affair. My paediatrician says it is normal but i have my doubts. He takes around 550 to 650 ml per day and he weighs 4.7 kg now. My question is why green stools? he takes feeds every 2 to 2.5 hours.His milk intake is around around 50 - 60 ml at a time. Is this normal as it has not increased since 1 month? I am worried that he will not gain enough weight. Can you please help.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012