Child passing frequent, dark colored stools throughout the day, temporary relief with nor metrogyl. Guidance?

Hello Doctor, my son is 8 yrs. Since the last 1 week he is passing frequent, formed but dark green coloured stools , approx 4-5 times a day. I had shown him to his doctor, to which he was prescribed, nor metrogyl; 5 ml 3 times for 4 days. First 2 days of the antibiotic , the frequency went down to 2 and colour changed to normal. But post 2 days, he is back with the same frequency. Pl guide.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012