Child passes stools several times. What medicines should i use?

My 4 year old son passes stools several times in a day in his pants.
He is not potty trained and is very terrified when I make him sit. He says it will pain. We are trying to convince him.
I have noticed the stool is of normal consistency (I have been administering Duphalac twice a day to make it soft). I think the stool is getting accumulated towards the end and when once in a week or 10 days it comes out and my son cries and says its painful. Please help.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
hi... the child of 4 years should be able to go to tiolet.. the history looks like the training of tiolet is not done.. now while you are training the child use the tiolet pan designed for that age... dont use adult tiolet for training the tiolet of this child... dont overuse the stool softner.. it will lead to dependency... instead try with vegetables, high fibre diet,fruits, and lots of fluids.. encourage him to go for tiolet in the morning as soon as he gets up.. see your pediatrician if it doesnot help... all the very best..