Child passes stools only on using suppository. What could be the cause and cure?

Good evening, I have a 4 year who s gonna be 5 in a few months. He s been having problems having bowel movements. I ve purchased laxatives to help in his process. But I feel like I shouldn t have to go through using them everytime he can t use the bathroom. It s my understanding that you should have a BM at least once a day, whereas my son is doing it 1-2 times a week and that s only with the aid of the children s suppository. Please help what can I or should I be doing here?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013