Child overweight. Has healthy stuff. Thyroid, sugar test- negative. Treatment?

I have a daughter who will be 8 years old next month. She is very active but still seems to be overweight. She is not grossly obese but she is 95 lbs. Although, she eats some "junk", she also eats lots of healthy stuff. She drinks lots of water and sugar free juice. I have had her thyroid, sugar etc. tested and all was fine. I just dont understand. PLEASE HELP!
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013

Yes your daughter is definitely obese and her weight should have ideally been 55lbs.
Since all the medical reports have ruled out the common health issues related to obesity what i would like to know.... Is there a hereditary cause.i.e are the other family members also on the heavier side?

Here are few things you could try:
1)Involve the child in shopping,planning and preparing healthy meals and educate the child
regarding the benefits of healthy food.
2)Discourage eating snacks or meal while watching TV
3)Limit the time spend watching TV, video games and computer to 2-3 hrs.
4)Encourage physical activity like walks, bike rides, hikes, and active games