Child on medicines for infected lymph node, stomach pain, is getting lumps near ear and temple. What could be the root cause?

My 6 year old child has an infected lymph node and is being treated with antibiotics . His lymph nodes under his jaw and also right next to his ear are very swollen. He is also being treated for stomach pain with omeprazole . He has just developed a lump next to his eyebrow line/temple and did not know if there is a lymph node in this area also. He has completed 5 days on a steroid but when he finished this his fever came back and so they have switched his antibiotic. His fever seems to be gone now with the new antibiotic, but now the lump next to his ear and then another lump near his temple are new. He is due to get an abdominal unltrasound this week as they are sorting out his GI issues and trying to figure that out. Why would a lymph node get to be the size of a golf ball? What kind of an infection of what can do this? Does there have to be a source of the infection or can this just happen?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012