Child often throws up, doesn't drink anything, is away from her mother, taken care by father. What could the cause be?

I have been watching a friends of mine s 12yr old daughter for almost 3wks. Her Mom is at the London games as a volunteer her dad is a teacher. So her Dad drops her off in the morning and picks her up around 5pm. Kim will tell me that she threw up at home before coming to my house. Then she will say I am going to throw up and either do it right in front of me or go to the bathroom. I talked to her Dad and he says she misses her Mom. I do notice that she only does this when she doesn t get her way. Yesterday she threw up 3 times and barely will drink anything. So today she gets dropped off and again she heads to the bathroom for 45-1hr, I finally say are you coming out, she says I think I may throw up, and that she threw up at her dads again before coming over. I have talked to her dad and he thinks it is because she misses her Mom. I called her dad after she refused to eat or drink and told him to come get her and take her to the doctor, he did pick her up but did not take her to the doctor. His wife is coming home on Sunday and I think he thinks this will fix the problem. On days Kim got her way she was fine, but days her dad had to work late, she would throw up. In 2wks I know of 9 times this has happened. I did call her Mom yesterday and she says that she thinks her daughter has a nervous stomach . Any thoughts of what or if I should do anything else?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012