Child often complains of tiredness, avoids physical activity. History of induced coma during birth. Relevant?

Dr. Kondekar, My son is 11 years old and is a very bright student (Straight A s) and has been a very gifted soccer player on a travel team (Captain). He goes to bed between 8 and 9 PM every night including weekends and is typically the first one out of bed every day around 6 AM. My concern is he often says he s tired and he is more frequently becoming somewhat lethargic on the soccer field with his mind not being on the game by sometimes just standing and watching. It is a sharp contrast to when he is on his game. When he is home he often asks to watch TV and play video games instead of doing physical activities. He says he sleeps well and he has not had any problems with maintaining his grades. Is this just a phase and I m over thinking this? Only signifigant medical issue in his history was at birth. OB nurse discovered a prolapse cord when my wife s water broke and he was born via emergency c-section. He had to be resusitated and placed on phenobarbital and dilatin and put in a drug induced coma for the first week of his life. He was in physical therapy for the first year when it was determined that he had made a full recovery from his injury at birth. Not sure if this is relevant but wanted you to have the facts. He s a great kid and his teachers love him, I just worry concerning his past and want to make sure he s okay.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012