Child occasionally crosses one of his eyes, sudden episode of stuttering, diagnosed with astigmatism. Cause of sudden onset?

about a week ago I noticed my 3yr old son is occationaly crossing one of his eyes...then yesterday they sent a letter home from his pre school after doing a routine eye exam on the children saying that he might have astigmatisim. not only this but I have noticed for the past couple weeks he has been suddenly studdering too... are these things related? He went from being a healthy normal little boy, to having all of these issues in just a matter of a couple weeks
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012