Child not having milk properly, likes solid food and licking his fingers, has green stools post change in food. What steps should I take to give milk?

My son is five months old and not taking milk properly. he is on formla milk since his birth. For the last two weeks i am giving him homemade rice scerial and for the last 5 days i am giving him banana with yougrt. his stool is green for last couple of days. Now he is more interested in suking his both hands specially his fingers and in solid food not in milk. Guide me What i have to do?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Dear faree

It is not unusal. Wheening can be started at 6 months of age this should include cereals, crushed bananas or crushed potatos and such foods. but milk is very important for his diet. try putting some cereal in his milk and thicken it. You also need to tell me if your son has a cold? or if you live in a country where the weather is cold these days? if you want to make cereal at home please make sure you use proper hygiene and the food is not contaminated in any way.

i hope i have answered your question to your satisfation. if you have any more questions do contact me.

Thank you and take care