Child meets prerequisite measurements to use car seat but not a year old. Can she use?

Hello, my name is Emily and I m a mother of a 10 month old little girl and I had a question concerning her carseat. It s a front facing carseat but the requirements on it say she must be 20 pounds and 27 inches, at least a year. And she is 20 pounds and 27 inches. So my question is, is it alright for her to be on this seat? I understand she isn t a year yet but she s 2 months away and she s to long for her other carseat.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your dilemma but it is always better to follow the law and not let the child in the front car seat. It shall be appropriate to replace the rear car seat with a bigger one and it is always better to make the children sit in the rear car seat.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.