Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
Petroleum jelly is derived from hydrocarbons which may lead to acute neurological complications like seizures, delirium
if ingested in significant amounts.
And there are chances of aspiration of jelly into lungs leading to development of aspiration pneumonia
Is there any cough?
Is the child having rapid breathing?
Is the child drowsy?
Is there any smell coming from mouth?
This information will tell the chances of ingestion and their effects.
Consult your ER if any danger signs present or consult once your Pediatrician
if the child activity is normal and there are no any danger signs for the examination to rule out any abnormal signs of ingestion.
Hope I have answered your query.