Child likes to be on his own, does not mingle with others, not interested in studies. Beginning of autism?

Sir ,My child is of 7 years of age and recently I came to know that he is not friendly with others students in the class and his madam told me that he used to be in his own thoughts or he mingles in his world what he sees in the cartoon channels .He used to take studies very lightly and does not pay attention to his studies .His problem is becoming grievous day by day ,I fear that, Is it the beginning of autism in my child?We r really worried about this ,In our family there is no one having such trouble in family history.Please advise me what should we do? With rgds Aman
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012