Child landed on head thrice a week. Complains of objects looking far off. Matter of concern?

My six year old son had landed on his head three times in the past week. Once from the monkey bars, knocking it on a metal bar; once he rammed smack into a pole running full force, and then at the pool he slipped and landed directly on his head. He had a goose egg each time but the pain subsided relatively soon. Since then, when he does a kart wheel he stops and says it hurts to do so. And now he s telling me his vision is off- he says when he looks at me I look far away. Not blurry but far away. His pupils are equal and reactive. I don t know if it s related or it it s something I should have looked at in an ER right now or something that can wait until tomorrow
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

There are chances when a child can present with vision problems post trauma to the head.Though the child's description about the vision disturbance may not be typical It is always better for him to be examined by his treating doctor.

Wish you good health.