Child is soiling pants, cannot feel stools. Are the nerves affected?

My 4yr old has had type 1 diabetes for 6 months. He has now started to soil his pants on a regular occurence. He is not constipated. He has he cannot feel the poo until it is coming out. Is it possible his nerves are affected in this area? He has reasonable control on MDI as we manage it. He is not often at levels 10 except at night when they fluctuate. He is seeing a psychologist currently as i think he may be stressed and angry and unable to convey this. In addition to the soiling he has bitten children at school today. What can I do to help him? And is it possible he has some bowel condition or is this simply a symptom of stress?
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012