Child is snoring, has tonsil infection. History of adenoid hypertrophy. Surgery required?

my son is 6 yrs old.he had adenoid hypertrophy on dec 2010 and was cured with an antibiotic ever since then he had been fine til last month he started snoring and got a tonsil infection later.the doctor has given him augmentin and cepodem later.but i still find him coughing in the middle of the night.i asked the doctor if we need to get an adenoidectomy .but he said my son has an allergy due to which the flem is not reducing .he has asked me to use relent syrup for a month along with metaspray.do u think this problem will reduce or does he need a surgery
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012